Vitamin C is a vital nutrient which is needed in the human body. There are various benefits of taking vitamin C as it is required by human body for the maintenance and development of scars, tissue, cartilage, blood vessels etc.. Vitamin C is a powerful nutrient that helps reduce oxidative stress to the body. Taking vitamin C sources helps to fight diseases, prevent infections as it is crucial to the immune system. It is the ascorbic acid which dissolves in water and is not stored in the human body. So, it is required to take through a daily diet.
Why is vitamin C vital for the human body?
It plays an essential role in the tissue of the body and there are many other benefits of taking vitamin C. It is the antioxidant that protects the cells of the body from harm originated by free radicals. Free radicals can lead to a change in cells, which results in illness. Due to a deficiency of vitamin C, a human body is unable to produce collagen, which is important for maintaining and building skin, joints, healthy bones, and digestive tract tissues. Vitamin C is vital for enhancing the immune system that protects against bacteria, viruses, and pathogens.
What are the benefits of taking vitamin C?
- Reduce the risk of heart diseases:
Vitamin C may help in boosting heart health. People who take vitamin C can have a lower risk of heart diseases as compared to people who don’t intake Vitamin C. It is a fact that vitamin C sources can help to boost heart health by giving a variety of minerals, fiber, vitamins, and antioxidants.
- Boost the immune system
Vitamin C helps to boost the immune system, which helps the body to fight bacteria and viruses. It helps to treat pneumonia and tetanus. Studies have shown that it plays a vital role in lessening lung inflammation, which leads to flu.
- Lowers the risk of cancer
Vitamin C has antioxidants that can protect damage caused by free radicals. It may help to fight various diseases. It reduces the risk of tumor development in the body.
10 foods which are the best natural source of vitamin C
Vitamin C has collagen, which helps your bones and teeth be strong. It is required for wound healing and connective tissue. If you eat vitamin C rich foods, then it will be beneficial for you. The National Institute of Health suggests that women need 75 mg of vitamin C a day, and men need 90 mg.
- Grapefruit: Grapefruit is the best vitamin C supplement from natural sources. Half of the grapefruit contains 45 mg Vitamin C, so it is the best option for people who want to lose weight. You can add up some sugar before eating or some salt according to your taste.
- Orange juice: Apart from Vitamin C source, orange juice is the rich source of Vitamin A, potassium, lutein. One glass of orange juice contains 120mg of vitamin C, so it takes once in a day.
- Red sweet peppers: Red sweet pepper is one of the vitamin C richest foods. One cup of red sweet peppers has 117 mg of vitamin C and just 28 calories. It also has fiber, vitamin A and B-complex vitamins. You can eat it in salads or season vegetable dishes. After cooking, it maintains a lot of vitamin C.
- Tomato juice: Tomato Juice is one of the best drinks high in vitamin C. One glass of tomato juice has 120 mg vitamin C. It is also rich in lycopene and vitamin A. It is an antioxidant which is good for your body. If you want to get plenty of vitamin C, then you should drink tomato juice.
- Strawberries: Strawberries are full of vitamin C, and they are juicy, which are tasty to eat. One cup of strawberries has 98 mg. They are also a great source of magnesium and potassium. You can add strawberry slices in oatmeal and yogurt, which is healthy for you.
- Green peppers: A green bell pepper contains 95 mg of vitamin C and only 24 calories. Bell pepper is sufficient in a day. You can add up in salads or use it in many recipes.
- Broccoli: A cup of chopped broccoli contains 81 mg of vitamin C. Cooking methods will vary their amount of vitamin C. It is also a great source of potassium, fiber, vitamin A, calcium, and lots of antioxidants.
- Kiwi: Kiwi is one of the best vitamin C fruits, which contains about 60 mg.It is also a great source of fiber and potassium and has only 40 calories. It is also a very tasty fruit. You can mix it with other fruits or nuts for fruit salad or fruit chat.
- Cauliflower: Cauliflower is one of the vitamin C rich foods. It is crunchy and delicious to taste. It is also a great source of potassium, fiber, calcium, vitamin K, and folate. You can add up in a tasty veggies recipe.
- Lemons: lemon juice is the rich source of vitamin C, which acts as an antioxidant. In 100mg of lemon, there is 77mg of vitamin C. You can also apply lemon on fruits and vegetables to prevent it from turning brown.
Vitamin C is a vital nutrient for the human body. It is required to boost the immune system, connective tissue, and heart health. If you don’t take vitamin C in sufficient amount, then it will have a negative impact on your health. It prevents you from many diseases. There is a wide range of fruits and vegetables which are loaded with vitamin C. Intake of vitamin C rich food is the step towards good health.
Hence, after reading the benefits of taking vitamin C, it is highly recommended to add vitamic C rich food in your diet and stay healthy!